The next Production funding deadline has not been scheduled yet. However, it will most likely be in October 2017. Please check back here in August for an update.
For application instructions visit How to Apply.
Please contact email@example.com with questions no later than two weeks prior to the application deadline.
Media Fund provides up to $50,000 in Production funding for single programs of standard broadcast length (56:46 or 26:46). In rare cases, when the story warrants it, PIC will consider feature-length programs in accordance with PBS broadcast specifications. Producers applying for Production funds will need to enter into an exclusive four-year public television broadcast rights license for the US and its territories.
Projects that qualify for Production funding are ones that have already completed the research and development phase and are ready to conduct or continue principal photography. Producers applying for Production funding must have at least 50% of their total budget raised in order to receive funding. Funded activities should include principal photography, enough post-production to get the project to a rough cut, and other activities related to production.
Along with an application producers must also submit the following application materials:
- Work-in-Progress in the form of a trailer, selects or rough cut
- Sample Work(s)
- Project Description that communicates the program idea [including Description of Work-in-Progress/Sample Work(s)]
- Project Timeline for the completion of the project
- Detailed Budget that reflects income and expenses for the entire project (R&D, Production and Completion)
- Target Audience Description that explains why the program is appropriate for public television and its impact on Pacific Islander communities and a national audience
- Fundraising Strategy that includes specific funding sources and amounts
- Training Opportunities Description that explains how this project will provide specific training or internship opportunities for emerging Pacific Islander producers or technical talent
- Key Personnel Resumes of committed or proposed key personnel
- Key Personnel Bios of committed or proposed key personnel
- Letters of Commitment (e.g. key personnel, advisors)
Failure to submit any of the above listed items will result in disqualification of your proposal.
The application process is completely electronic and we no longer accept hard copies of applications. Please review the information in the How to Apply section to find out whatʻs involved with our online process.