The next R&D funding deadline will be on July 7, 2017 by 5 p.m. HST. You will be able to access the online application portal starting on June 26, 2017. For application instructions visit How to Apply.
Please contact email@example.com with questions no later than two weeks prior to the application deadline.
Media Fund provides up to $15,000 for Research & Development (R&D) funding for single programs of standard broadcast length (56:46 or 26:46). In rare cases, when the story warrants it, PIC will consider feature-length programs in accordance with PBS broadcast specifications. Producers applying for R&D funds will need to enter into an exclusive four-year public television broadcast rights license for the US and its territories.
Projects that qualify for R&D funding are ones that have not yet begun production. Funded activities may include travel, research, script development, preliminary production and post-production to create a trailer or reel for fundraising or other early phase activities.
Along with an application producers must also submit the following application materials:
- Sample Work(s)
- Project Description that communicates the program idea [including Description of Sample Work(s)]
- Project Timeline for the R&D phase
- Detailed R&D Budget that reflects income and expenses
- Target Audience Description that explains why the program is appropriate for public television and its impact on Pacific Islander communities and a national audience
- Fundraising Strategy that includes specific funding sources and amounts
- Training Opportunities Description that explains how this project will provide specific training or internship opportunities for emerging Pacific Islander producers or technical talent
- Key Personnel Resumes of committed or proposed key personnel
- Key Personnel Bios of committed or proposed key personnel
- Letters of Commitment (e.g. key personnel, advisors)
Failure to submit any of the above listed items will result in disqualification of your proposal.
The application process is completely electronic and we no longer accept hard copies of applications. Please review the information in the How to Apply section to find out what's involved with our online process.